- Black Hills Online Learning Community (BHOLC) allows participating South Dakota school districts an avenue to offer a self-paced, online learning option to their students.
- Curriculum is aligned to South Dakota Content Standards, provided through k12®/Fuel Educucation™, and monitored by BHOLC.
- A computer and Internet access is required and not provided by BHOLC.
- At this time tablet devices (iPad, Kindle, smartphones, etc.) are not compatible with the k12®//Fuel Educucation™ platform.
- You can find sample k12® (K-8) lessons here.
- Students will remain enrolled in their home district and follow their district’s policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to graduation requirements and state testing. Students in grades 3-8 and 11 will be required to report to the school where they are enrolled for state-mandated testing in the spring.
- Registration for the 2017/2018 school year is open through August 25, 2017.