- Black Hills Online Learning Community (BHOLC) allows participating South Dakota school districts an avenue to offer a self-paced, online learning option to their students.
- Curriculum is aligned to South Dakota Content Standards and monitored by certified BHOLC Learning Facilitators.
- A computer and Internet access is required and not provided by BHOLC.
- At this time tablet devices (iPad, Kindle, smartphones, etc.) are not recommended as the best device for accessing the platform. The full functionality of a computer is advised for learners to have the most successful experience.
- You can find sample K-5 lessons here. And an introductory video to courseware for 6-12 learners here.
- Students will remain enrolled in their home district and follow their district’s policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to graduation requirements and state testing. Students in grades 3-8 and 11 will be required to report to the school where they are enrolled for state-mandated testing in the spring.
- Registration closed on 8/21/2020 for the 2020-21 school year. Please contact your school for current options.